With levels of childhood obesity at an all-time high, it’s vital the next Government takes strong action to protect the health of the next generation. Fully implementing the soft drinks industry levy, closing loopholes to restrict junk food marketing to children and clearer labelling will all help tackle the obesogenic environment.
- Six facts about junk food marketing
- ‘Junk food on demand’: Children can be plagued by adverts for unhealthy food and drinks when streaming their favourite TV shows
- Response to PHE’s Sugar Reduction Progress Report
- Statement: The introduction of the ‘sugar tax’
- Statement: NHS action on sugar pays dividends as hospitals slash unhealthy food and drink sales