With levels of childhood obesity at an all-time high, it’s vital the next Government takes strong action to protect the health of the next generation. Fully implementing the soft drinks industry levy, closing loopholes to restrict junk food marketing to children and clearer labelling will all help tackle the obesogenic environment.
- Statement: OECD data shows the UK has the highest obesity rate in Europe
- Scotland’s New Obesity and Diet Strategy
- National Childhood Obesity Data: The Same Devastating Story
- Press release: Health costs of obesity soaring as junk food companies pour millions into advertising
- Government Childhood Obesity Plan One Year on: End of Year Report says ‘some good progress but must try harder’