With levels of childhood obesity at an all-time high, it’s vital the next Government takes strong action to protect the health of the next generation. Fully implementing the soft drinks industry levy, closing loopholes to restrict junk food marketing to children and clearer labelling will all help tackle the obesogenic environment.
- The Savvy State: Government’s role in addressing our obesogenic environment
- OHA statement on Coco Pops Granola advert ruling reversal: “When food companies fight rulings, children’s health will pay the price”
- Out of Place – how unhealthy supermarket promotions are bad for our wallets and our waistlines
- Press release: “Check it out!” – Families bombarded with ‘supermarket sweep’ of sugary promotions during their weekly shop
- Problematic promotions: the targeting of consumers with unhealthy food and drink