“The ever-increasing number of children living with obesity is a clear reflection of the unhealthy wider environment that pushes us towards sugary and fatty food and drinks. But we can do something about this. We need to start with reducing the number of junk food adverts children see with a 9pm watershed, restrictions on junk food promotions in supermarkets and the food industry stepping up efforts to reduce sugar and fat from everyday foods. Every child deserves to grow up healthy and we need strong Government action to make this happen.”
- Statement: prevention green paper
- The Government’s role in reducing obesity – what’s the public view?
- Statement: The soft drinks industry levy
- Public and health experts give green light to new PM to push on with plans to tackle obesity
- An exercise in consensus building: updating the OHA’s joint position statement