This is a shocking U-turn by the Government that will have severe ramifications for children’s health and fatally undermine any further efforts to address health disparities. Right now child obesity is at a devastating all-time high, and research shows restricting junk food adverts on TV alone would significantly reduce the number of children with excess weight. Big challenges, like child obesity, need bold leadership, not a government that shirks its responsibility and continues to let unscrupulous food companies bombard us with advertising and fake bargains at the expense of our health. We urge Boris Johnson to remember the promise he made to make it easier for everyone to be healthier and reverse this abysmal decision.
- OHA Responds to the National Child Measurement Programme 2022-23
- Five Key Learnings from the OHA’s Manifesto Process
- OHA Response to Multi-Buy Promotions Delay
- “Get Behind Our Vision”. Obesity Health Alliance 2023 Parliamentary Reception
- Storing Up a Crisis: Urgent Action Needed on Childhood Obesity